Learn to make the original Nigerian Efo riro for free! We provide videos and written instructions. You will be a professional in no time!
INGREDIENTS: Efo riro
- Assorted meat and fish; (Beef, Shaki, Smoked fish, Dry fish, Stock fish)
- Ground crayfish
- Locust beans
- Efo Tete/ Efo Shoko
- Tatashe pepper
- Palm oil
- Salt & Habanero / Scotch Bonnet peppers (to taste)
- Soak the stockfish for a few hours if you are using this ingredient until it becomes soft and removes the bones in it.
- Wash the vegetable of your choice thoroughly and cut into small pieces.
- Remove the seed from the tatashe pepper and grind until it is coarse.
- Get your onions ready by slicing them, pound the pepper and grind the crayfish.
- Cook the Shaki with little quantity of water because it is the toughest type of meat to be used.
- The Efo riro soup should have little water so be careful of the quantity of water added.
- Add the already cooked stockfish and dry fish when you notice that the shaki starts to form a curly shape.
- When these ingredients are almost cooked, put in the beef, sliced onions and stock cubes.
- That aside, heat up little quantity of palm oil in a pot, adding sliced onions afterward.
- Fry the tatashe peppers in the heated palm oil for a few minutes until there is no more water in it.
- At this point, put in the crayfish and locust beans which are popularly known as ‘Iru.’ Stir well.
- Put in the already cooked assorted fish and meat. Stir well and leave to cook for a bit.
- Pour the vegetables and stir all the ingredients together. Leave to cook for a few minutes. Add sufficient salt, allow to steam before turning off the source of the heat.
Learn to make Nigerian Catfish Pepper soup.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!