How to Make Ankara Earrings
Ankara is a multi-purpose African print . It can be used for a variety of crafts. Many persons make a lot of money from making and selling Ankara bags, Ankara shoes and even Ankara purses. Apart from these, Ankara can also be used to make earrings. Learn how to make beautiful Ankara earrings that you can sell online to make money by following these simple steps.
Ankara Hoops Earrings
- A pair of scissors
- Hoop earrings
- Cloth friendly glue
- Ankara Fabric ( 10 centimetres long)
- Using the pair of scissors, cut the Ankara fabric into thin vertical strips. Each strip should be long enough to go through your hoop earrings.
- Apply the glue lightly on the tip of the Ankara strips. Make sure that you make use of cloth-friendly glue. Other types of glues like super glue may destroy the Ankara fabric.
- Wrap each strip around the hoop earrings; one after the other. Ensure that you wrap the Ankara strip around the earring, neatly and tightly.
- Wrap the strip around the earring in an overlapping pattern. Do not leave out any part of the hoop earring.
- After wrapping, cut off the excess material; if any.
- Rub a little glue on the remaining part of the strip and wrap it around the earring.
- Repeat the process for the other earrings.
Ankara Button Earrings
- A piece of Ankara Fabric
- Tracing Paper
- Using the pencil, trace the outline of the button on the tracing paper.
- Giving a gap of two centimetres on each side, draw a larger circle around the button.
- Placing the tracing paper on the Ankara fabric, cut out a round piece of fabric that is the same size as the traced outer circle.
- Apply the glue lightly and evenly on the round piece of fabric.
- Wrap the fabric around the button, neatly and tightly. Allow it to dry for a few minutes.
- Using a little glue, fix the pin to the base of the button.
- Repeat the process for the other buttons.
Ankara Paper Earrings
- A thick paperboard
- Ankara Fabric
- Earring Pins
- A pair of scissors
- Cut the paperboard into any shape and pattern of your choice. You may double the paperboard if it is not very thick.
- Rub a little glue on the Ankara print. Wrap the fabric around the paper; neatly.
- Allow it to dry.
- Attach the earring pins using a little glue.
Your handmade earrings are ready.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!