How to Make Okra Soup
Okra soup is one of the easiest Nigerian delicacies to prepare. It is a popular delicacy that is eaten across the different regions in Nigeria. Learn how to prepare Okra soup for free on Elistatus.
- 5 cups of Okra (250 grams)
- 3 cooking spoons of palm oil
- 1 piece of dried fish
- 1 Titus fish (Optional)
- 2 pieces of stockfish
- 2 teaspoons of crayfish
- 1 bunch of Ugu leaves
- Seasoning cubes
- Chopped onions
- Salt to taste
- Cut the Okra into tiny, circle-like pieces.
- Wash the Ugu leaves and chop them into tiny pieces.
- Grind the crayfish and the pepper.
- Boil the stockfish; together with the beef and shaki.
- Wash and cut the Titus fish into sizeable pieces. Put the pieces of fish into the pot containing the stockfish and beef. Add the seasoning cubes, crayfish and chopped onions. Allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour the palm oil into a medium-sized pot and place the pot over a medium heat. Add the diced okra into the pot bit by bit and stir-fry slowly. Do not allow the okra to burn.
- Pour the stock into the pot and allow the soup to cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetable and stir well. Add the meat, dry fish, stockfish and Titus fish.
- Add the pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 3 minutes
Enjoy your delicious okra soup with pounded yam, eba, semolina or fufu. Serve the soup hot!
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!