How to make Shoe Polish
Learn how to produce your homemade shoe polish for free on Elistatus. Learn useful skills that can help you meet your everyday needs and become self-reliant. Producing shoe polish is very easy and it does not require many materials or so much expertise.
Here are some of the materials you will need:
- Paraffin oil: It is used in the production of various substances. It helps to regulate the texture/thickness of the polish.
- Paraffin wax
- Oil-soluble dyestuff: This is the powdered substance that gives the polish its colour. It is important to ensure that the dyestuff is 100% soluble in oil and not water.
- 1/8 kilogram of Paraffin Oil
- 1 litre of paraffin oil
- 1 pack of dyestuff (Oil-soluble) / powdered charcoal
- Wooden stick
- Storage containers
- Place the pot over medium heat and allow it to heat up for some time.
- Add the paraffin wax.
- Allow the wax to melt completely then stir the liquid very well.
- Pour the paraffin oil into the melted wax. Stir the mixture until a smooth and consistent liquid is formed.
- Add the dyestuff into the liquid.
- Stir the mixture very well.
- Pour the mixture into the storage containers and allow it to cool completely.
Here’s another way to go about it
- 1 litre of Olive oil
- 125 grams of beewax
- Black or brown oxide (Powder) / powdered charcoal
- Storage container
- Place the pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and beewax into the pot.
- Stir the olive oil into the bee wax as it melts.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly until it forms a thin and consistent liquid.
- Add the black or brown oxide to give the polish; the desired colour.
- Pour the liquid into the storage container and allow it to cool.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!