How to Make Throw Pillows
Throw pillows are really easy to make. They are great addition to your household furniture too. Many persons, especially in Nigeria, like to give throw pillows as wedding or birthday gifts. They are also given out as valentine day presents or presented at send forth parties and valedictory services. Throw pillows are very expensive in Nigeria; you can buy one for as much as four thousand naira or even more. This means that you can get a lot of money from making and selling handmade throw pillows; both online and offline. Learn how to do this for free on Elistatus.
- Sewing machine (Optional)
- Needle and thread
- Fabric (Any fabric of your choice will do)
- Pillow stuffing
- Pencil/ pen or chalk.
- Measuring tape
- Pair of scissors
- Trim (Optional)
- First, cut two squares of the same size out of your fabric material. You may make use of the measuring tape and chalk to measure and map out the squares before cutting them out. If you like, you can cut out a different shape like a circle, triangle or a star. It depends on how creative you can get.
- Next, pin the seams of the pillow case. First, decide the part of the fabrics that will be the front and the back on both pieces. Place the fronts together; matching their edges. Now, place the fabrics on a flat surface and pin along the edges. You can make use of as many pins as you desire. Remember to leave out some parts of the fabrics unpinned so that you can stuff the pillow after sewing it.
- Now, sew the edges of the pillow together. Make sure that you use a thread that has a similar colour as the fabrics you are sewing. You may sew the fabric using straight stitches or zig zag stitches. However, be sure to sew with a half inch seam allowance.
- Next, remove all the pins around the edges. Now, stuff your pillow with the pillow stuffing, ensure that you do not stuff the pillow with any hard or sharp objects.
- After stuffing the pillow, sew the open edge. The open edge should be hand sewn. Do this by folding the edges of the fabric inside then pinning across the edge. You can also make use of the sewing machine when doing this but you have to be extra careful or you will ruin the throw pillow.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!