How to Make Yam Porridge
Even though yam is native to the South American continent; Brazil, in particular, Nigerians have come to love it so much. This is why Yam is eaten all over the country. It is also used to prepare delicious African delicacies. One of such delicacies is Yam Porridge. Also referred to as Yam soup or Asaro, It is very easy to prepare. Learn how to prepare your homemade Yam porridge for free on Elistatus.
- 1 medium-sized tuber of yam
- 2 cooking spoons of palm oil
- 1 piece of smoked fish
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 tablespoon of ground crayfish
- I bunch of Ugu leaves
- Seasoning cubes
- Chilli pepper
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cut the yam tuber into medium-sized pieces.
- Wash them thoroughly and put them inside a medium-sized pot.
- Wash and cut the onion and pepper.
- Using a blender, blend the chilli pepper.
- Pour enough water into the pot containing the yam. Place the pot over medium heat and start cooking the yam.
- After about 20 minutes, add the chopped onions, crayfish and pepper. Allow the yam to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add the smoked fish and seasoning cubes. Then, pour the palm oil into the boiling mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the yam soup continuously until it forms a semi-thick and consistent paste.
- Wash and cut the vegetable. Add it to the yam porridge and stir it very well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Allow the yam porridge to simmer for 3 minutes.
It is usually eaten alone. However, some persons enjoy this delicacy together with beans, fried plantain or both.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!