How to Make Ankara Slippers
Ankara fabric can be used for virtually anything. Apart from making beautiful clothes and attires from this African fabric, you can also use Ankara fabric to make beautiful slippers and other footwear that you can sell online to make money. Learn how to make beautiful and affordable homemade Ankara slippers on Elistatus for free.
- A pair of old slippers
- Ankara fabric
- Fabric-friendly glue
- Alcohol wipes
- Hair dryer (Optional)
- Cut the Ankara fabric into different pieces based on the shape and structure of the slippers that you are making use of. Each piece should be slightly bigger than the part of the slippers that it will be covering.
- Using the alcohol wipes, clean the surface of the slippers thoroughly.
- Arrange each piece of the Ankara fabric on the slippers. Ensure that they fit perfectly.
- Rub the glue lightly on each piece of the Ankara fabric. Place each piece on the slippers and apply a little pressure so that the pieces stick to the surface of the slippers.
- Place the slippers under the hairdryer and leave them to dry.
Here is how to go about it if you are making the Ankara slippers from the scratch:
- Kari board
- Shoe Sole
- Shoe Linen
- A pair of scissors
- Ankara fabric
- Marker or Pen
- Make outlines of your feet on the Kari board, shoe sole and mako.
- Using the scissors, cut out the shapes formed by the outlines.
- Apply the glue slightly on the shapes formed from the Kari board and mako. Join the shapes.
- Using the pen, make outlines of your feet on the shoe linen.
- Cut out the shapes formed by the outlines.
- Wrap the shaped linen around the glued mako and Kari board shapes.
- Cut out a part of the Ankara fabric. Fold the piece into two and sew the two parts together using the needle and thread.
- Fold the Ankara fabric into triangle-like shapes.
- Rub a little glue on the folded fabrics and place them on the joined Kari board and mako; one after the other. Apply a little pressure on it so that it will stay firm.
- Using the glue, attach the sole to the joined Kari board and mako.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!