How to Make Disinfectant Liquid
Disinfectant liquids are chemical substances that are used to kill harmful bacteria and they also protect us from germs that cause infections and diseases. Disinfectant liquids are a must-have in every home. Unfortunately, because of the economic situation in the country, many persons cannot afford to buy the disinfectant liquids produced by established companies. This is where you come in.
Therefore, you can make affordable disinfectant liquid which you can sell both online and offline to make a lot of money. Learn how to do this on Elistatus for free. On Elistatus, we equip you with relevant skills that can make you self-employed and self-reliant.
First, let’s get familiar with the different chemicals used in the production of disinfectant liquid and their uses.
- Texapon: This is a foaming agent. It allows non-polar substances like oil to dissolve in water easily.
- Phenol: This is used in sweet-smelling, colourless alcohol-like substance. It is usually brownish in colour.
- Chloroxylenol: This is an antibacterial substance that kills germs and prevents skin inflammation. Be careful, There are a number of side effects associated with the use of this chemical.
- Isopropyl Alcohol (I.P.A): It is a very important chemical component. IPA is a flammable and colourless compound that has a strong smell. It contains antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Pine Oil: Well this substance is responsible for the cloudy liquid that is formed when disinfectant liquids are diluted in water.
- Colourant: This is the substance that gives the disinfectant, its brownish colour.
Materials (For 5 litres of disinfectant liquid)
- 125 centilitres of texapon
- 125 centilitres of phenol
- 250 centilitres of chloroxylenol
- 3 litres of I.P.A
- 250 centilitres of pine oil
- 1 litre of water
- Hand gloves
- A small wooden stick
- Pour the texapon into the medium-sized bowl.
- Then add the pine oil and stir properly.
- There after Add the phenol into the bowl and stir the mixture properly.
- Pour the chloroxylenol into the mixture. Add the water and stir the mixture very well.
- Pour a cup of water into a small bowl. Add the colour and dissolve it in the water; thoroughly.
- Pour the dissolved colour into the big bowl containing the mixture. Stir the mixture very well.
Your disinfectant liquid is ready. You can pour the liquid into smaller bottles and start selling them.
My name is Kofo and this is my blog. I created this blog to help people. So learn new skills here and be happy!