How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Saudi Arabia
In this post, we make available all the information required to teach you how Nigerians can get a visa to Saudi Arabia.
About Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is a desert country located in the Middle East, surrounding the majority of the Arabian Peninsula, with the Red Sea and Persian (Arabian) Gulf coastlines. Countries that are close to Saudi Arabia include Jordan to the northwest, Iraq, and Kuwait to the northeast, Bahrain and Qatar to the east, the United Arab Emirates to the southeast, and Oman and Yemen to the south.
The country is popular as the birth land of Islam and hosts two very hallowed mosques highly esteemed by Islam (Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, which is destined for the annual Hajj pilgrimage, and the Medinaas Masjid an-Nabawi, burial site of the prophet Muhammad). The capital city is Riyadh, and it is a skyscraper-filled metropolis. Its official currency is the Saudi riyal.
Types of Visa to Saudi Arabia
There are different kinds of visas that can be given, depending on the reason for your visit to Saudi Arabia.
We have identified five of them below:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Transit visa
- Student visa
- Work Visa
It is crucial to have all the required documents before proceeding to apply for a Visa. For Nigerians who intend to make a trip to Saudi Arabia. Below is a list of necessary documents for the Saudi Arabia visa application.
1. Visa application form filled in capital letters and signed.
2. Recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed.
3. International passport with validity goes beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
4. Copy of the passport data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
5. Copies of your previous visas (if any); will prove that you’ve had past travel experience.
6. A cover letter must be provided which states the reason for the visit to Saudi Arabia and schedules.
7. Flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Saudi Arabia.
8. Evidence of health insurance covering foreign travel.
9. Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay in Saudi Arabia.
10. Proof of your civil status (birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, and death certificate of spouse if necessary).
11. Proof of legitimate stay (if the application is not presented in the applicant’s home country).
12. Evidence of enough financial means for the duration of the visit to Saudi Arabia.
13. An original business letter, signed by the inviting company on the organization’s letter headed paper. The letter must provide information about the reason for traveling, specifying the type of Visa and the needed sustainability of the Visa.
14. Evidence of past trade relations between the two companies, if such document is available.
15 A certificate from your employer granting your business permission to travel if you are employed.
16. Trade register extract or something like that (for self-employed).
17. Bank statement for the past three months to prove the client has a steady flow of income.
18. Proof of group travel (if you are traveling in a group).
19Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
20. Visa fees because Visa is not free
According to each case, the competent embassy may request additional documents.
Where to Go
There are various Saudi Arabian consulates here in Nigeria. Below is their contact information.
The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Abuja
Address: No.6 Orange close, Off Thames Street, Off Alvan lkoku Way, Ministersâ€™ Hill Maitama, Abuja.
Fax Number: 00234134906
Email: [email protected]
Saudi Arabia Consulate Kano
Address: 11 Ahmado Bello Road, Kano, Nigeria
Tel: +234-641-31880, +234-641-36532
Email: [email protected]
For more details, and all types of visas, please call or visit the Saudi Arabian consulates in Nigeria.
Related Post: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Portugal