How to make Doughnuts
Doughnuts are popular pastries that are eaten regularly. You can get a lot of money from making and selling doughnuts here in Nigeria. Learn how to make doughnuts for free on Elistatus.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of flour (for kneading the dough)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon or 2 packets of yeast
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Oil for frying
- 4 teaspoons of Sugar
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Ingredients (Doughnut Filling)
- 5 grams of raspberry jam or jelly (Optional)
- Sift 2 cups of flour into a medium-sized bowl together with the nutmeg powder, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix the contents thoroughly.
- Break the eggs and empty their contents into a small bowl. Add the warm milk and butter into the bowl. Mix them.
- Create a hollow space in the centre of the sifted flour. Pour the egg mixture into the well at the centre of the flour. Knead the flour until it forms a soft and consistent dough.
- Rub some flour on your work surface or slab. Put the kneaded dough on the slab and knead again for nearly five minutes until it becomes soft, non-sticky and moist. Add the water.
- Grease another medium-sized bowl thoroughly. Place the dough in the bowl. Grease the surface of the dough to prevent it from drying.
- Cover the pan with a cloth or nylon. Leave the dough to rise for about one hour.
- Expel the trapped air from the dough by punching it several times. Place it on your work surface or slab.
- Cut the dough into doughnut-shaped circles. When you are done with this, place all the doughnut circles inside a bowl and allow them to rise for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oil to about 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the doughnut-shaped dough inside the preheated oil.
- Fry until they are golden-brown in colour.
Place the doughnuts into a bowl lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil from the doughnuts.
- Fit a pastry bag with a small tip. Fill the bag with jam.
- Open a small hole in the doughnut and pipe the jam inside it.
- Sprinkle the doughnut with confectioner’s sugar while it is still warm.