Learn how to produce your homemade shoe polish for free on Elistatus. Learn useful skills that can help you meet your everyday needs and become self-reliant. Producing shoe polish is very easy and it does not require many materials or so much expertise.
Watch the video tutorial here: https://elistatus.com/courses/how-to-make-shoe-polish
How to make Shoe Polish
Here are some of the materials you will need:
- Paraffin oil: It is used in the production of various substances. It helps to regulate the texture/thickness of the polish.
- Paraffin wax
- Oil-soluble dyestuff: This is the powdered substance that gives the polish its colour. It is important to ensure that the dyestuff is 100% soluble in oil and not water.
- 1/8 kilogram of Paraffin Oil
- 1 litre of paraffin oil
- 1 pack of dyestuff (Oil-soluble) / powdered charcoal
- Wooden stick
- Storage containers
- Place the pot over medium heat and allow it to heat up for some time.
- Add the paraffin wax.
- Allow the wax to melt completely then stir the liquid very well.
- Pour the paraffin oil into the melted wax. Stir the mixture until a smooth and consistent liquid is formed.
- Add the dyestuff into the liquid.
- Stir the mixture very well.
- Pour the mixture into the storage containers and allow it to cool completely.
Here’s another way to go about it
- 1 litre of Olive oil
- 125 grams of beewax
- Black or brown oxide (Powder) / powdered charcoal
- Storage container
- Place the pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and beewax into the pot.
- Stir the olive oil into the bee wax as it melts.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly until it forms a thin and consistent liquid.
- Add the black or brown oxide to give the polish; the desired colour.
- Pour the liquid into the storage container and allow it to cool.