How to make a Fabric Flower Brooch
Use up old fabrics in your home by turning them into brooches. Learn how to make a fabric flower brooch for free on Elistatus. You can sell your homemade flower brooches both online and offline.
- Different coloured fabrics
- Needle and thread
- Glue gun
- Brooch back
- 1 small piece of felt
- Jam jar lid (Optional)
- Card board
- Use the jam jar lid as a card circle template. Neatly, map out the shape of the jam lid on the different fabrics and cut them out neatly. If you do not have a jam jar lid, simply draw a seven centimetres card circle as a template then use the card circle template to map out the shape of a circle on your fabrics. Cut out the circles from the fabric, neatly.
- Next, neatly fold one of the fabric circles into a quarter. Repeat this with the rest of the fabric circles. Now, sew along the rough, curved edge of the fabric quarter using a running stitch. Start from one fabric and move to the next until all the fabric quarters are strung on the thread. You should need just ten stitches per fabric quarter.
- Now, bring the fabric quarters together from both ends of the thread. Draw them tightly so that they become close together. Tie the strings together with a double knot and trim the ends carefully. Remember to tie each string at its end.
- Space out the fabric petals evenly. You should have a small circle in the centre of your flower now.
- Draw two circles of 4 centimetres and 2 centimetres respectively on your cardboard. Cut the circle templates out. Using the templates, draw circles of the same size on the felt piece and cut them out.
- Now, stitch the brooch back to the large felt circle.
- Next, glue the button to the button to the flower petals. After this, glue the small felt circle to over the brooch back to cover the stitches.
- Finally, using the glue gun, fix the large felt circle to the back of the flower.
Your flower brooch is ready for use!
Learn How to Sew a Handmade Pencil Skirt
Learn How to Make a Torch Light