How to make assorted meat pepper soup at home
In this post, we share a tasty Nigerian recipe for how to make assorted meat pepper soup at home. Make this lovely dish for yourself, your family, and your loved ones.
There are various types of pepper soup dishes in Nigeria. The assorted meat pepper soup is a popular Nigerian soup recipe. It is prepared with different cuts of meat but typically a cow or goat parts.
Assorted Meat Pepper soup is known to be served at bars, restaurants, and parties and honestly speaking, no party is ever complete without it on the menu.
Pepper soup can be eaten with boiled yam, ripe plantain, Agidi, and even bread, whichever you prefer.
Without any further delays, below are the ingredients and preparation for how to make assorted meat pepper soup at home.
- Assorted Meat
- Blended Onions
- Spring Onions
- Basil Leaves
- Chilli for Garnishing
- Bouillon or Seasoning Cubes
Ingredients for the Pepper Soup Mix:
- 1 big Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 6-8 Ehu seeds (Calabash Nutmeg)
- 1.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Pepper Soup Spice
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- Paprika Pepper
Method of preparation:
- The first step is to wash your meats thoroughly, then transfer them into a pot. Remember to boil parts like Kidney, Liver, Heart separately. Do not add any water.
- Next, add blended/Chopped Garlic, Onions, and Ginger. Also, add the seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
- Place on medium heat and allow the meats to sweat out their moisture and absorb the spices and onions. This should take 13-15 minutes.
- Then add enough water to cook the meats and leave to cook till soft.
- You’ll need to have at least 5 cups of meat stock by the time the meats are cooked.
- When the meats are soft, add the Chopped or blended Scotch Bonnet and Cayenne pepper.
- If you used coarsely blended instead of properly blended or Chopped Onions, it’s advisable to sieve your stick using a mesh sieve as you’ll end up with particles in your Pepper soup. I don’t mind mine having particles so I didn’t bother.
- Then add the Black Pepper, combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add then the Pepper soup Spice. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. You may need to add some more water if your pepper soup tastes too concentrated.
- And the chopped Basil, Efinrin, or Utazi leaves, then, switch the heat off and leave to simmer with the residual heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Your Assorted Meat Pepper Soup is ready to be eaten.
- It is best served with a lot of cold water or a refreshing beverage.
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.