HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE, YUMMY AND CHUNKY MANGO JAM AT HOME
If you are a lover of jam, but you are tired of store-bought jam, then learn how to make this simple jam at home.
The recipe is straightforward, and the outcome will be fantastic. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be applied to other fruits, so in case you are not a lover of mangoes, you can try out this recipe with other fruits of your choice.
This is a simple but flavor-packed homemade mango jam recipe made with few essential ingredients and without any preservatives, additives, artificial sweeteners, or colors. You can adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
If you have done the sterilization process correctly, then you can keep the jam refrigerated for a month.
Without wasting any more time, here is the recipe below:
WHAT YOU NEED
- Mason Jars with lids to store the jam
- Paper Towels/ clean napkins
- Bowl for mixing
- Metal spoon and wooden spoon
- Nonstick saucepan
- Two large mangoes (2 cups of sugar)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- Sterilize the mason jars with warm soapy water.
- Take the jars out of the water and quickly dry them off with paper towels or napkins.
- Get two large mangoes and slice them in half and then into cubes.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the cubes into a bowl.
- Pour the mango cubes on to a saucepan.
- Add in 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Then pour in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until it is thickened.
- Take the jam out of the heat and leave it to cool a bit.
- Transfer the jam into the sterilized mason jars once it has cooled down and refrigerate.
- The jam is ready to eat!
You can eat this with your toast or even pancakes! Feel free to enjoy your lovely mango jam however you like.
Remember, you can also try this out with other fruits you might like.
Do leave us a comment below if you loved this simple recipe.
Check out our other food recipes here