How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Finland
In this post, we learn how Nigerians can get a visa to Finland. We explore all the necessary information needed to procure a visa.
The Republic of Finland is a country in Europe located in the area known as Scandinavia. Finland has an estimated population of about 5.5 million people.
Its capital is Helsinki. The Northern Lights can be seen from its Arctic Lapland province. Finland is also home to the country’s main ski resorts.
Types of Finnish Visas You Can Apply For
You can apply for a Finnish visa depending on the reason for your visit. The different categories include:
3. Visiting family and friends
5. Research or Training
6. Official purposes
These are the necessary requirements for a Finnish visa if the major purpose of your visit is business.
- A fully completed and signed Schengen visa application form.
- Original copy of the blue bank slip as proof of payment of visa application fee.
- A valid international e-passport that is valid for not less than three months after the journey.
- One recent passport photograph not older than three months, taken with a white background and without any form of headgear. Please glue the staple to the visa form, do not staple.
- Previous passports, if applicable.
- Copy of flight schedules indicating date of entry and exit from the country.
- An Original certificate of health and travel insurance issued by a legitimate Schengen insurance policy company.
- Proof of enough financial means to cater to your needs throughout the duration of your stay. You may provide salary slips, personal bank statements for the last three months, regular incomes generated by property.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other kind of accommodation throughout the intended period of the applicant’s stay in the country.
- An Invitation letter from the company based in Finland, if the applicant was invited for a seminar, event, business deal, etc.
- TCC (Tax Clearance Certificate) and Certificate of Business Incorporation are necessary.
- Proof of commercial activities in Nigeria and recent business contacts, the continuation of the commercial
relationship with the company that invited the applicant.
- Please note that during the course of the interview, the embassy will request other documents to support the visa application.
Where To Go
Embassy of The Republic of Finland Located in Abuja
For more details regarding visa application, please visit the official website of the Embassy of Finland in Nigeria.
RELATED POST: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Indonesia