70 FUN THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR KIDS AT HOME (LOCKDOWN EDITION)
CHECK OUT THIS LIST OF WAYS TO ENTERTAIN YOUR KIDS AT HOME.
1. Create an Indoor Obstacle Course
2. Scavenger Hunt
3. Water Balloons
4. 3-legged races
5. Bath your dog together (if you have a dog)
6. Wash the car (this can be something fun to do with your kids, it also teaches them to help out a little.)
7. Paint pictures together.
8. Plant a small garden together (the child can learn responsibility from this)
9. Camp inside the house
10. Build a birdhouse or feeder
11. Make a paper hat
12. Make a paper boat and see if it floats
13. Decorate a T-shirt (You can try tie and dye too but be sure to wear gloves and googles)
MORE THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR KIDS
14. Send postcards to family & friends
15. Finger painting
17. Make a necklace out of beads or pasta
18. Write an autobiography together.
19. Have an indoor fashion show
20. Have a bubble-blowing contest
21. Hula Hoops
22. Jump Ropes
23. Rearrange and redecorate your bedroom
24. Have a slumber party.
25. Create a movie or play
26. Make up a story; Illustrate it
27. Have a talent show in your backyard
28. Learn a dance choreography together.
30. Bob for apples
31. Make a Rope Swing
33. Hide and Seek
34. Learn new songs together.
THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING! THERE IS MORE BELOW!
35. Dodge Ball
38. Line up dominoes and watch them drop
39. Create a musical instrument out of recyclables
40. Make a box town out of old boxes or build a fort
41. Have a picnic on the living room floor
42. Learn clapping games like Miss Mary Mack
43. Play cards (Crazy 8s, War, Rummy)
45. Watch old home movies or look at old pictures
46. Fly a Kite
47. Tell scary stories in the dark
48. Go for a hike
50. Learn Morse Code
51. Build a toothpick bridge or building
52. Cook different simple meals and bake pastries together.
53. Play board games (chess, checkers, scrabble, monopoly, snakes, and ladders, etc.)
54. Play charades
55. Do blind taste tests with various drinks and food
56. Solve a crossword or word search puzzle
57. Play free online or video games.
58. Make a Diet Coke and Mentos eruption
59. Learn a new instrument together.
60. Jump rope Try double dutch
61. Learn how to spell new words
62. Learn about different countries and t63. Have breakfast for dinner
64. Give each other crazy or fancy hairdos
65. Make a fort or car out of a large appliance box
66. Tell each other jokes
67. Have a staring contest
68. Create a secret code Send each other messages
69. Play Simon Says
70. Exercise with your kids!
Please leave a comment below if this was helpful.
Check out our post on the importance of self-care.