How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Luxembourg
Learn how Nigerians can get a visa to Luxembourg in this article. We take you through all the necessary information required to procure a visa.
Luxembourg is a small European country majorly covered by land in the Benelux. Belgium, France, and Germany surround it. Its primarily rural, thick Ardennes forest is something that will surely catch your eye. In addition to the nature parks located in the north, the rocky gulf of the Mullerthal region in the east and the Moselle river valley are found in the southeast. The capital is Luxembourg City, the currency in use is the euro, and the official languages are French, Luxembourgish, and German.
Although January and February can become very cold, the mild winters and temperatures can fall to as low as -15Â°C. The summer can be sweltering in Luxembourg, with temperatures in July and August reaching around 30+Â°C.
Types of Visa to Luxembourg
There are several visa types available in Luxembourg, depending on the purpose of your travel.
- Business visa
- Tourist visa
- Student visa
Below is a list of necessary documents you may need to apply for a Luxembourg business visa.
- Visa application form filled and signed.
- Recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background is needed.
- International passport with a validity goes beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passport data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any); will prove that you’ve had past travel experience.
- A cover letter must be provided which states the reason for the visit and schedules.
- Flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying arrival and departure.
- Evidence of health insurance covering foreign travel.
- Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay.
- Proof of your civil status (birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, and death certificate of spouse if necessary).
- Proof of legitimate stay (if the application is not presented in the applicant’s home country).
Evidence of enough financial means for the duration of the visit.
- If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.).
- An original business letter, signed by the inviting company on the organization’s letter headed paper. The letter must provide information about the reason for traveling, specifying the type of visa and the needed sustainability of the visa.
- Evidence of past trade relations between the two companies, if such document is available.
- Certificate of employment if the candidate is employed, because it is necessary.
- Please submit evidence of your retirement fund if you are retired.
- A certificate from your employer granting your business permission to travel if you are employed.
- Trade register extract or something like that (for self-employed).
- Bank statement for the past three months, to prove the client has a steady flow of income.
- Proof of group travel (if you are traveling in a group).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fees because Visa is not free
According to each case, the competent embassy may request additional documents.
For more information and all types of visas, please contact or visit the appropriate embassy in Nigeria.
Where to Go
Luxembourg has no government office or embassy here in Nigeria, but applications for a Luxembourg visa can be submitted via the Belgian embassy located here in Nigeria.
Belgian Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria
Address: 9, Usuma Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: (+234) 803 301 68 22, (+234) 806 979 22 33 (visa)
Email Address: [email protected]
Related Post: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Slovakia