How to make a beginner-friendly face moisturizer
In this post, we share a simple step-by-step process on how to make a beginner-friendly face moisturizer in the comfort of your home.
Face creams are essential for the face because it tends to be milder. It also contains less oils than your regular body lotion.
In making this face cream, once you have the base face cream formula, you can choose to build and customize the formula with some active ingredients that can target specific issues like acne, hyperpigmentation, scarring, oily/dry skin, etc.
The recipe is flexible so based on what your skin needs, you can choose to follow the recipe as it is, or replace some ingredients in this recipe.
Once you are done learning from this article, you should end up with a natural face cream recipe that works very well for your skin.
Say goodbye to breakouts, and flare-ups and say hello to healthy, hydrated skin!
Recipe for how to make a beginner-friendly face moisturizer
This recipe makes up to 200grams of face cream.
- 160g Distilled Water
- 4g Glycerine
- 2g Colloidal Oatmeal
- 6g Avocado Butter
- 18g Grapeseed Oil
- 10g Emulsifying Wax BP
- 2g Leucidal Liquid SF (Natural Preservative)
- 2g Vitamin E Oil (Antioxidant)
- Fragrance Blend [15 drops Vanilla Essential Oil + 7 drops Lavender Essential Oil + 7 drops Bergamot Essential Oil]
Please ensure that you follow this step-by-step process on how to make a beginner-friendly face moisturizer
- The first step is to measure out your water phase Ingredients: Distilled water, glycerine & colloidal oatmeal, and your oil phase ingredients: avocado butter, grapeseed Oil & emulsifying wax
- Over low heat or using the double boiler method, melt both phases in separate heatproof glasses
- Once the oil and water phases have completely melted, mix together and transfer to a flat surface
- Proceed to create a light and airy emulsion, by making use of an immersion blender or whisk. As the mixture cools and more air is incorporated, it will start to thicken and change to a pale cream color
- When you are satisfied with the consistency, you can move onto preserving and adding fragrance
- Employ the use of a food scale to add your Cool Down ingredients: natural preservative, antioxidant & the fragrance blend (above), or any essential oils you prefer for fragrance
- Mix briefly again either by hand or using a blender to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed
- Your natural face cream can be stored in a tinted or dark-colored glass container or an airless pump bottle to prolong its shelf life
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.