How to make a hydrating face toner for all skin types
In this post, we share a step-by-step process on how to make a hydrating face toner for all skin types. The active ingredient is Hyaluronic acid.
Toners are made majorly for hydration. They are fast-acting, water-based skin treatments that hydrate, cleanse and boost your skin’s natural moisture barrier.
It is advisable to use toners twice a day for maximum results. After cleansing or washing your face, toners help to prep your skin for maximum absorption of moisturizing products such as serum and oils.
The active ingredient in this toner is hyaluronic acid. It is one of the most powerful humectants that attract water from the atmosphere and connects it to your skin.
Contained in this toner serum is a combination of humectants, acids, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory ingredients to achieve healthily, even and glowing skin.
Below are some benefits of toners
- After cleansing, toners replenish the skin’s nutrients.
- Toners help to hydrate, smoothen and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Acts as a primer for serums, moisturizers, and makeup
- It gently gets rid of dirt, oil, dust, pollution, and traces of makeup on the skin.
Recipe for how to make a hydrating face toner for all skin types
There are two phases to this process of making your face toner, ensure that you follow the steps and feel free to make reference to the featured video for an in-depth explanation.
This recipe can make up to 250g of toner serum.
- 5g Glycerine
- 0.75g Xanthan Gum
- 107g Distilled Water
- 75g Manuka Honey Floral Water
- 25g Aloe Vera Concentrate
- 25g Hyaluronic Acid Gel
- 12.5gD Panthenol (Vitamin B5)
- 2.5g Preservative Eco
Method of preparation
Below are the steps to follow on how to make a hydrating face toner for all skin types.
- First of all, measure out the Phase one ingredients: Xanthan Gum & Glycerine/Honey.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly in a small container until well combined and set aside.
- The next step is to measure the phase two ingredients in a large beaker or container: Water, Manuka honey floral water, Aloe Vera concentrate, Hyaluronic acid gel, D Panthenol & Preservative Eco
- Proceed to whisk the Xanthan slurry into the same large beaker that contains the phase 2 ingredients and mix well.
- Store the toner in your favorite dispensing container.
Please let us know if this post was helpful in the comment section below.