How to make easy DIY face and body scrub at home
In this post, we explore how to make an easy DIY face and body scrub at home. This scrub is purely organic and it will leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
The importance of exfoliation cannot be overemphasized. Exfoliation can leave your skin looking brighter and it also improves the effectiveness of topical skincare products by enhancing their absorption.
Regular exfoliation also helps with preventing clogged pores which results in fewer breakouts.
Furthermore, some other benefits of scrubs include promoting efficient circulation and skin cell turnover, removing dead cells from the skin’s surface, and smoothing and softening rough, dry skin.
This simple DIY scrub can be made with simple ingredients you find in your kitchen cabinet so you don’t need to spend so much money purchasing an expensive scrub.
The best part is that the scrub has no harsh chemicals added to the skin because it is made from purely natural ingredients. You need not worry about getting any harmful substances into your skin.
This DIY scrub also works for all skin types and can be used for your face and body. Scrub once a week to truly see improvements in your skin.
The ingredients can be tweaked however you like to suit your taste and preference.
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
The measurements are based on the quantity you would like. This scrub has no preservatives so it can last up to a week outside the fridge, afterwards, it should be discarded. It is advisable to make the quantity that is needed for that moment or store the scrub in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Get a clean container and add the brown and white sugar
- Next pour in some of your oils. It is advisable not to add too much to prevent the scrub from being too oily. However, add your ingredients based on what your skin needs.
- Your honey is the next ingredient that goes into the sugar and oil mixture.
- Finally, slice your lemon in half and extract some of the juice from it.
- Add the lemon juice to the scrub and mix well with a spoon or until well incorporated.
Your scrub is ready to be used.
How to use the scrub
- To apply the scrub, ensure you use warm water to open up your pores. Your face or body should be wet, not dry.
- Apply the scrub and gently use your fingertips to massage the scrub into your skin.
- Once you’re done, simply rinse off the scrub, wash your skin with a mild cleanser or soap and apply your favorite moisturizer afterward.
- Please let us know in the comment section what you think about this post