How to make a DIY peel-off face mask at home
In this post, we learn how to make a DIY peel-off face mask at home for that perfect facial that will cleanse your pores and make your skin radiant.
Facemasks are very beneficial in removing dead skin cells, treating acne and blackheads, treating hyperpigmentation, etc. Ultimately, your skin is cleansed the right way to allow your skincare products to work better.
There are various types of peel-off face masks being sold in supermarkets, pharmacies, convenience stores, shopping malls, etc. But a lot of them contain some harsh chemicals in an attempt to preserve them.
This DIY peel-off face mask is purely organic and contains safe and mild ingredients for your skin. Your skin will surely feel soft and very refreshed after using this facemask.
It is advisable to use this facemask at most twice a week and at least once a week for maximum results over time.
- One packet of unflavored gelatine
- Two to three drops of tea tree oil
- One teaspoon of honey
- 25 tablespoons of hot milk
Please note that you have to work very fast in making this face mask to prevent the gelatine from drying too fast.
- Pour your packet of unflavored gelatine into your hot milk.
- Add two to three drops of honey into the hot milk and gelatine mix.
- Finally, add two to three drops of tea tree oil to the mix.
- Stir the ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
- The consistency should not be too thick or runny, ensure the consistency is a little bit slimy.
- Keep stirring the mixture because the longer you wait, the harder the mixture is going to be.
- Ensure your face is properly washed with mild soap and warm water to open up your pores.
- Using a foundation brush or any medium-sized makeup brush you have, apply the mask to your face evenly and avoid getting it into your brows or hairline.
- Wait for 20 – 30 minutes or until the mask is fully dry.
- After the mask is dried, gently pull it off starting from your neck or chin going upwards.
- Take your time to do this so you don’t hurt yourself because the mask really sticks to your skin to effectively remove any blackheads, facial hair and unclog the pores on your skin.
When you are done peeling off the mask, you will notice all the impurities that it has pulled out of your skin. This is a very effective face mask and it is advisable to try it out as a way to improve your skin.
Please let us know in the comment section if this post was helpful.