How to make DIY natural hair moisturizer for hair growth.
A good moisturizer ensures your hair is healthy, learn how to make DIY natural hair moisturizer for hair growth in this article.
The most important part of sustaining healthy hair is moisturizing. The moment your scalp is dry and your hair strands are dry and frizzy, you will surely experience breakage, itchy scalp, dandruff etc.
It is vital to ensure that your hair is always moisturized to leave it feeling, soft, healthy and shiny.
Just the same way your body needs moisture, your hair also needs moisture and once it lacks moisture, it becomes unhealthy.
We share a simple recipe for an organic, nutritous moisturizer your hair will surely love. The cream will come out soft and creamy for easy absorption into your hair strands.
Please note that you are not limited to the ingredients shared in this recipe, you can decide to use any hair oils that work best for you.
- Refined or unrefined shea butter
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Sweet Almond oil
- Put some shea butter into a glass or metal bowl.
- Pour in some castor oil
- Add in some coconut oil
- Finally add some sweet almond oil to the other ingredients.
- Take some water, pour it into a pot and place it over your stove to boil.
- Once it is boiled, place your metal or glass bowl over the water to melt the oils and shea butter on low to medium heat. This is known as the double boiler method and ensures the ingredients do not loose their nutrients.
- Use a spatular to stir the mixture gradually to ensure everything is melted properly.
- Take the bowl containing your ingredients out of the pot and place aside to cool a bit.
- Cover the bowl with foil paper or cling film and place it in the freezer.
- It should take about 40minutes to solidify. The ingredients do not have to completely solidify, but it should be solid enough to allow you whisk the ingredients.
- Once it has solidified, take it out of the freezer and whisk it using your hand whisk, cake whisk etc.
- Whisk until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Sanitize the container you intend to pour your moisturizer into. this will help prevent bacteria.
- Pour in your cream into the container.
Your hair moisturizer is ready to be used.