How to bake easy whole-wheat bread at home
Learn how to bake easy whole-wheat bread at home with our simple recipe that also comes with a step-by-step video to aid you in baking that perfect loaf of bread.
Bread is one food that the majority of people love and it can be used in creating so many other delicious snacks like sandwiches, burgers, french toast, etc.
For all those who like a healthier alternative to white bread, then check out this simple recipe on how to make whole-wheat bread at home.
This is a beginner-friendly recipe that isn’t so time-consuming but we can guarantee you that the bread will come out soft, tasty, and ready to eat!
Ingredients for making two medium loaves or one large and long loaf:
- 4 cups of whole wheat flour or 3 cups whole wheat and
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoon of oil or butter
- One packet of active dry yeast
- A Thermometer (optional)
Below is the procedure on how to bake easy whole-wheat bread at home.
- Get a bowl of water and boil it to 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add your sugar and mix with a whisk
- Add your yeast and mix as well
- Allow the sugar, water, and yeast mixture to sit for about 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the yeast to grow, get a bowl and pour in your whole wheat flour
- Add one teaspoon of salt and mix the dry ingredients
- Once the yeast has grown, add 3 tablespoons of oil or melted butter to the water mixture
- Combine the water mix and the flour mix together
- Mix both in an electric mixer for about 10-15minutes until it becomes smooth and well incorporated. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can knead the dough by hand for 20-25 minutes
- Grease a bowl to place the mixed dough, you can grease the bowl with oil or butter
- Coat the dough with the oil placed in the bowl to keep it moist and prevent it from drying out when it grows
- Ensure you keep the dough in a ball-like shape
- Cover the bowl in plastic wrap or a humid towel and let it rest for 45minutes to two hours till it doubles in size
- Once it has doubled in size, punch out the air from the dough with your hands
- Place the dough on a floured flat surface to knead out the dough and get rid of any air pockets
- Slice the dough into two pieces and knead each by hand to stretch it out. Ensure your hands are oiled while doing this to prevent sticking.
- Grease your bread pans and place the dough in it
- Use a brush and egg white, or water or oil to spread on top of the dough. Adding wash will keep the bread moist to enable it to grow better, give it a brown color and nice taste
- Cover the pan with a plastic wrap again and let it sit for 45minutes to 2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- When the bread has doubled in size, place it in an oven that is heated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- At this point, your bread is done, wait for it to cool down before slicing.
Please try out this recipe and let us know what you think in the comment section below.