How to make a detox drink that also boosts your immune system
In this post, we share a recipe for how to make a detox drink that also boosts your immune system and tastes amazing. It can be made with a juicer or blender.
In light of the recent coronavirus pandemic, it is crucial to take foods that boost your immune system and improves your overall health.
The major fruit that will be used in this juice recipe is Beetroot. Beetroot is a very healthy fruit that contains a lot of health benefits.
Below are some of the health benefits of Beetroot.
- Helps reduce blood pressure.
- Boosts exercise stamina. …
- It is capable of building muscle power in people with heart failure. …
- Known to slow down the progression of dementia. …
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight. …
- May prevent cancer. …
- Good source of potassium. …
- Great source of other minerals.
Detoxing is also a major benefit of taking this drink. We take in a lot of unhealthy foods without knowing and it is important that from time to time the body is detoxified to get rid of all the foods that may cause harm to the body.
The recipe is not only easy but the drink also tastes amazing and can be tweaked a bit to your liking. You can choose to include some honey for an added sweetness but it may not be necessary.
Please note that to make this drink a juicer is required, but if you do not own one, we also share an alternative way of extracting the juice.
BEETROOT JUICE INGREDIENTS
- 1 large pineapple
- 3 medium beets
- Thumb sized ginger
- Juicer or blender
- Sieve and cheesecloth
METHOD WITH A JUICER
- Get your beetroots and soak them in water for 2 minutes
- Wash the beetroots thoroughly in running water
- Wash your pineapples thoroughly in running water
- Peel and slice the ginger, beetroots, and pineapples into medium square or rectangular sizes (Don’t throw out the beetroot leaves)
- First of all, place your sliced pineapples into the juicer to extract the juice
- Then place your beetroot, the leaves, and sliced ginger into the juicer to extract the juice as well.
- After extracting all the juice, you can put them in containers and refrigerate it
METHOD WITHOUT A JUICER
- After you have washed, peeled, and sliced your ingredients. blend them until very smooth in a blender.
- Get your cheesecloth and bit by bit, add the blended ingredients.
- Squeeze well to extract the juice from the cheesecloth
- Once you are done extracting the juice, you can also pour it into containers and refrigerate it.
Your healthy, tasty detox, and immune-boosting drink is ready!