How to make a DIY gift box at home
In this article, we show you a simple step-by-step process for how to make a DIY gift box at home using cardboard paper.
Gift boxes are one of the best ways to package any gift. When you present a gift inside a gift box, there happens to be some extra value added to that gift.
Making a gift box isn’t as easy as some people make it seem. With some simple items, you can create your own unique gift box.
Learning how to make a gift box is a very special skill that if one perfects, can be a very profitable business to start.
This post covers a simple step-by-step process on how to make your very own customized gift box.
- Cardboard paper
- Needle and Thread
- Trace out the pattern for creating the box, the pattern we are using in this post 33 X 33cm for the top of the box and 25 X 25cm for the bottom of the pot. You can use any old box for tracing out the box.
- Place the box traced pattern on your cardboard paper and use your pencil to mark out the shape of the box.
- Using your scissors and rule, carefully follow the pattern and cut out the shape of the box.
- Fold the cutout cardboard edges to create the box shape, and glue the edges while carefully following the pattern to secure the box.
- Fold and glue the box pattern for the top and bottom half of the box.
- Get your ribbon and measure the ribbon to fit the width of the box and the height, cut the ribbon and place it across the box while securing the ribbon by gluing it inside the box. You want a cross shape.
- Using your needle and thread after cutting your scissors, create a bow or flower with the ribbon and secure it by sewing.
- Glue the bow to the cross like ribbon on the box.
Your beautiful gift box is ready, feel free to package that special gift however you like.