How to make DIY gift bags at home
Learn how to make DIY gift bags at home using the easiest items and the simplest technique. You can be as creative as you want to be while making the gift bags!
Imagine you are in a situation where you just finished wrapping a gift to present to someone special then you realize you totally forgot the gift bag. That can be a really messy situation.
This post is here to solve all your emergency gift bag troubles. Aside from that, it gives you the opportunity to truly explore and be creative when making a gift bag.
Making a DIY gift bag is very easy and does not require a lot of steps.
What you need
- A4 size card stock or cardboard paper.
- Ribbon flower (optional)
- Fabric glue
Creating the DIY gift bag at home
- Gather some paper and a few cardboard boxes to make the gift bags.
- To make your gift fits into the gift bag, get a cardboard box, or anything with the same shape, such as a thick book, wooden block, etc.
- Now it’s the perfect opportunity to re-use some gift wrapping paper or any paper.
- Take a piece long enough to wrap around the box, or join 2 pieces together with tape.
- Fold the top edge for a clean finished look, and to provide more support for the handles.
- Wrap the paper around the box, tape at the end, and press along the 4 sides so the edges are more defines.
- Fold and wrap the bottom portion like how you would wrap a gift box, secure with clear tape.
- Slide the “gift bag” out of the box frame.
- Finally, make the handles.
- The handles can be made from anything but the gift bag in this post is made with ribbons.
- To make the ribbons, punch a couple of holes on each side of the bag, and tie a knot on the outside and inside to hold the ribbon in place.
Please watch the video below to follow the step-by-step process.