How Nigerians can get a visa to Cyprus
If you wonder how Nigerians can get a visa to Cyprus, this article is for you. In this article, we share all the necessary information required to procure a visa to Cyprus.
Some Facts about Cyprus
Cyprus is the third largest and most populated island in the Mediterranean. Cyprus has a lot of beaches, mountains, national parks, and ski resorts. Fun activities such as hiking and mountain biking are the most popular activities tourists engage in while in the country. The country is also popular for cultivating wine; this has been a tradition that existed since the Bronze age. You can check out the different kinds of wines while in the country.
Tourism in Cyprus plays a vital role in the country’s economy. About 4 million foreign tourists pay Cyprus visits yearly, making it the 40th most visited country in the world.
Foreigners in Cyprus should be careful of taking photographs in sensitive places like military buildings and government buildings.
Types of Cyprus Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||10 days||90 days|
|Business visa||10 days||90 days|
Requirements for Cyprus Visa
- Duly completed and signed the application form.
- Parents/legal guardians must sign the form for minor applicants.
- A passport photo with a white background.
- Travel document.
- Proof of financial support.
- Documentation showing the applicants’ connection to the home country, e.g., verification from the applicant’s employer.
- Medical Insurance is required.
- Documents confirming the reason for travel.
- Some embassies/consulates may also require a criminal record certificate.
Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The tourist visa is the type of visa issued to persons traveling to Cyprus for majorly tourism purposes.
- You can choose to visit family and friends while on this visa.
- The Cyprus tourist visa is a short-stay visa valid for up to 90 days.
- All visitors to Cyprus must have a valid passport.
- Applicants must provide proof of available funding that can last throughout their stay.
- A return airline ticket must be available.
- If the applicant is staying longer than 90 days, the person will need a temporary residency visa.
- Anyone that needs this visa will need to submit an invitation letter from a family member or host living in Cyprus.
- The letter should clearly state the address and contact details of the host, as well as your relationship with them.
- Holders of the tourist visa are not permitted to take up work while in the country.
Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The business visa is the type of visa issued to Nigerians traveling to Cyprus for business purposes.
- If you have to travel to Cyprus often (for business etc.), it is possible to get a multiple-entry visa for several visits.
- The entire duration of your stay should not exceed 90 days in any 180 days.
- The multiple-entry Cyprus visa for business purposes is valid for a year.
- A multiple-entry visa requires 10-15 days from the day of application to be ready.
- The amount for the visa depends on the urgency of the visit.
- You will be asked to provide an invitation letter from the Cyprus company you will be visiting.
- The invitation letter will also contain their detailed address, accompanied by your trip’s date and actual purpose.
- If the reason for traveling is to attend a meeting or seminar, confirmation/invitation from the conference organizer/institution is required.
- Employed applicants will have to present a certificate from their employer stating or allowing the business travel.
- The applicant’s bank statement from the last six months is needed.
Related Post: How Nigerians can get a visa to Chile