How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to North Korea
If you are interested in learning how Nigerians can get a visa to North Korea, then keep reading this article to get all the info you need.
About North Korea
In learning about how Nigerians can get a visa to North Korea, it is crucial to understand some things about the country.
North Korea is a country located in East Asia and resides in the northern part of the Korean byland. The capital of North Korea is Pyongyang which also happens to be the largest city. Its official currency is the North Korean won (KPW).
North Korea faces a combination of continental climate and an oceanic climate, but most of the country experiences a humid offshore climate within the Kappen climate classification scheme. winter usually brings clear weather scattered with snow storms because of the northern and northwestern winds that blow from Siberia. Summer is usually the hottest period, most humid, and the rainy season of the year because of the southern and southeastern monsoon winds that bring dampish air from the Pacific Ocean.
Types of North Korean Visa
There are different types of visas available to people who intend to visit North Korea. Getting the visa is majorly based on the reason for embarking on the trip.
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Transit visa
- Study visa
- Working Visa
Nigerians who wish to visit North Korea for business would need the list of documents below to apply for their North Korean visa.
1. Visa application form filled and signed.
2. Recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed.
3. International passport with a validity that goes beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
4. Copy of the passport data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
5. Copies of your previous visas (if any); will prove that you’ve had past travel experience.
6. A cover letter must be provided which states the reason for the visit and schedules.
7. Flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from North Korea.
8. Evidence of health insurance covering foreign travel.
9. Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay.
10. Proof of your civil status (birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, and death certificate of spouse if necessary).
11. Proof of legitimate stay (if the application is not presented in the applicant’s home country).
12. Evidence of enough financial means for the duration of the visit.
13. If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.).
14. An original business letter, signed by the inviting company on the organization’s letter headed paper. The letter must provide information about the reason for traveling, specifying the type of
Visa and the needed sustainability of the Visa.
15. Evidence of past trade relations between the two companies, if such document is available.
16. Certificate of employment if the candidate is employed because it is necessary.
17. Please submit evidence of your retirement fund if you are retired.
18. A certificate from your employer granting your business permission to travel if you are employed.
19. Trade register extract or something like that (for self-employed).
20. Bank statement for the past three months to prove the client has a steady flow of income.
21. Proof of group travel (if you are traveling in a group).
22. Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
23. Visa fees because getting a visa is not free
According to each case, the competent embassy may request additional documents.
Where to Go
Embassy of North Korea Located in Abuja
Address: Plot 350, Central Area District, Cadastral Zone AO, PMB 407 Garki, Abuja
Embassy of North Korea Located in Lagos
Lagos Address: Plot 20C Akin Ogunlewe Road, Victoria Island Annex, Moroko, Lagos
For More information and all types of visas, please contact or visit the North Korean embassy located in Nigeria.