How to Make a Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cakes are very rich and tasty. Learn how to make them for free on Elistatus.
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
Frosting (Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting)
- 1 1/2 cups of softened butter
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extra
- 1/2 teaspoon of espresso powder
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to about 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and rub some flour on the baking pan.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Mix them together.
- Break the eggs and pour the content into a small bowl. Add the milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk the contents thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl containing the flour and baking powder. Mix for two minutes using an electric mixer.
- Add the warm water and stir the batter for 2 minutes.
- Pour the thin batter into the baking pan and place in the oven.
- Allow the cake to bake for 30 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, remove it from the oven and allow it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and place it on the rack. Allow it cool completely.
- Sift the cocoa into a large bowl.
- Add the butter into the bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the sugar and milk into the mixture; bit by bit.
- Add the vanilla mixture and espresso powder. Mix thoroughly until the frosting reaches the right consistency.