How to make a DIY big-braided trendy headband
Fashion is always evolving and we are here to bring you the latest on how to make a DIY big-braided trendy headband and slay on a budget.
Rather than ordering this trendy big-braided headband, or purchasing it at an expensive rate, you can still fit in with the trend on a budget. And the best part is, you’ll have so much fun making your own headband.
- Satin Fabric
- Tailor’s chalk
- Measuring tape
- Any type of soft stuffing (You can get some from an old pillow)
- Needle and matching thread
- Hot glue Measurements: cut out three pieces of 36” by 4” And one piece of 5” by 5”
- Place your fabric on a flat surface and measure 4 inches wide and 34 inches long. You need three pieces of the same measurement.
- Mark out the measurements with your chalk and cut it out using your scissors.
- For the three pieces, fold the fabric inside out in two equal parts, 0.25 inch and stitch the longer ends.
- After stitching, turn the fabric out to the front side. A pencil is suitable for turning out the fabric to the right side.
- You can choose to press down the fabric with an iron on low heat just to straighten it out. However, it is not compulsory.
- The next step is to fill all three fabrics with the stuffing.
- After filling the three fabrics with stuffing, sew or stitch the three ends together.
- Weave the now connected fabric into a loose or tight braid, whichever you prefer.
- After weaving, sew or stitch the other end as well.
- Cut out any excess material and use the needle and thread to connect the two ends of the braided hairband together.
- Cut another fabric, 5 inches by 5 inches, and fold them into two equal parts, but remember it should be inside out. Sew the longer ends again
- Wrap the fabric at the part where the two ends of the hair band meet and sew it around the band.
- Turn the fabric to face inwards to have the stitches facing inward, and secure the fabric with glue to prevent it from moving around.
- After gluing the ends, allow it to dry and your braided headband is ready.
Please let us know in the comment section if this post was helpful