How to make DIY stylish sandals from old flip flops
Convert your old slippers to stylish trendy flip flops by learning how to make DIY stylish sandals from old flip flops in this article.
If you are someone who loves recycling, you would love to learn this simple skill. You don’t have to throw out your old flip flops, you can revamp them into a stylish pair of sandals.
The process involved in revamping your old flip-flops is very easy, and the best part is that you can be as creative as you want to be while revamping.
- Damaged slippers
- Scrap fabric
- Strong glue
- Needle and thread (optional)
- Beads or jewelry (optional)
- Cut out the straps from your old slippers and set them aside.
- Place your fabric on a flat surface and use your slippers to measure the shape of the slippers to get your correct size.
- You are going to cover the base of your old slippers with fabric so ensure there’s enough left out
- Apply strong glue to the top part of the old slippers, rub it into the slippers a bit until evenly distributed.
- Leave the glue to dry a little bit depending on the kind of glue you use.
- Place the fabric over the slippers and ensure you use your hands to fit the fabric into the shape of the slippers.
- Cut out the excess fabric from the slippers and set it aside.
- Get more fabric to make the top part of the slippers or the straps.
- Ensure you use your feet to measure the straps, this will ensure it’s your size.
- To make a little bow on the strap, simply tie the middle with a thread or stitch it in the middle.
- Glue the bottom of the straps to the bottom of the slippers to properly secure them.
- You can glue some beads to the middle of the slippers to make them stylish or glue some jewelry.
Your DIY stylish flip-flops are ready.
Feel free to make reference to the featured video for a step-by-step process on how to revamp your old flip flops.