How to make a natural DIY lip gloss at home
If you have ever wondered how lip gloss is made, then keep reading this article on how to make a natural DIY lip gloss at home guaranteed to keep your lips soft and moisturized.
This Oil-based easy Lip Gloss tutorial makes use of moisturizing oils like castor oil, Vitamin E oil & Almond wax for a long-lasting gloss that leaves your lips well-nourished rather than drying them out.
To add a fun twist, all-natural colors like Cocoa Powder & Beetroot Powder that you can easily find in the supermarket were added to the recipe. But you can always substitute those powders with more pigmented Dyes.
A lot of Store-bought Lip Glosses are usually made with a lot of chemicals & preservatives that can easily irritate your skin. Your face is too delicate and obvious to put any harmful ingredients.
Furthermore, there are a lot of benefits to making your own lip gloss, and this easy natural DIY lip gloss recipe is a good place to begin!
In this tutorial, you will learn how to make an all-natural lip gloss base, in addition to 2 tinted Lip Gloss recipes.
Recipe for how to make a natural DIY lip gloss at home
Lip Gloss Recipe:
– 30g teaspoon Castor Oil
– 10g teaspoon Almond Oil
– 5g teaspoon Almond Wax (or any Beeswax Alternative)
– 2g ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
For Tinted Lip Gloss:
– 2g Cocoa Powder
– 2g Beetroot Powder
- First, start by measuring out your ingredients: castor oil, almond oil, almond wax, or any beeswax alternative.
- Pour the oils and almond wax into a heat-proof container.
- Place the container over a double boiler, and on low heat, melt the ingredients.
- Once everything is melted, then we can move on to adding fragrances and powders to create tinted lipgloss.
- Measure out your vitamin E oil in addition to any essential oils you intend to use for fragrance.
- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients gently until well combined.
- For the clear lip gloss mixture, pour the mixture as it is into a clear lipgloss container.
- To make the tinted lip gloss, add the cocoa and beetroot powder to the clear lip gloss base.
- Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Transfer the lip gloss into a clear lipgloss container.
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.