How to make DIY homemade body scrub soap bars
Learn how to make DIY homemade body scrub soap bars for super-soft, glowing skin without the stress of using a messy body scrub. You get to exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize all at once.
Exfoliating is a major part of maintaining healthy skin and is the core ingredient for achieving that “glowing skin” everyone goes crazy for.
Below are some benefits to including exfoliation in your skincare routine:
- Removes dead skin cells, dirt, and debris, leaving behind smoother, less textured skin.
- The skin tends to stay moisturized for a longer time because unclogged pores lead to better absorption of moisturizers.
- You get overall healthier skin because exfoliation improves blood circulation and therefore collagen production to help the skin look more healthy.
This body scrub soap bar recipe is very different from the conventional ones because it contains some healthy kinds of butter. Combined with the intensely moisturizing properties of body kinds of butter in addition to the exfoliating convenience of scrubs, this is truly the ultimate skincare DIY!
Furthermore, this recipe is also very cost-friendly, because we believe that making your own DIYs shouldn’t cost so much. You can make the soap bars with what you have available, whatever sugar is in the house, ice-cube trays instead of silicone molds, they are both good budget-friendly replacements.
Recipe on how to make DIY homemade body scrub soap bars
- 132g Cocoa Butter
- 46g Almond Oil
- 20g Almond Wax
- 2g Vitamin E Oil
Oat Scrub (For Sensitive Skin)
- 20g Oats (coarsely ground)
- Essential Oils: Vanilla & Orange
Rose & Beetroot Sugar Scrub
- 20g Sugar
- 2g Rose Petals
- 2g Beetroot Powder
- Essential Oils: Geranium
Please ensure that you follow the step-by-step process on how to make DIY homemade body scrub soap bars
- First of all, measure out ingredients.
- Melt the butters, almond oil & wax together using the double-boiler method.
- After melting, leave the mixture in the fridge to thicken for about 20 minutes. Ensure that you monitor the mixture.
- Once the mixture has cooled a bit, but not hardened completely, add in the Vitamin E oil & mix again.
- Once the mixture is thick and viscous, split it into two and add the specific exfoliant & essential oils.
- Mix each gently until well incorporated.
- Finally, pour the mixture into molds and allow to set in the fridge overnight.
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.