How to make a refreshing Chapman drink at home
If you love Chapman and you have ever wondered how it’s made then read this post on How to make a refreshing Chapman drink at home.
Chapman is a non-alcoholic drink, that is usually red in color. It can also be referred to as a non-alcoholic punch which is traditionally made by mixing Fanta, Sprite, Cucumber, Lemon, Grenadine, and Angostura bitters.
If you have ever had Chapman at a restaurant, you will also notice that traditionally, it is served in a large clear mug with ice and some slices of cucumber.
This refreshing cocktail is believed to have originated in Ikoyi Club, Lagos, Nigeria. A bartender who worked at the country club came up with the drink when he was asked to make something special for his favorite customer whose name is Chapman.
Chapman is many at times referred to as Nigerians favorite drink and though it is normally served without alcohol, One can still add a little bit of vodka or rum if they require a bit of alcohol in it.
Without wasting any more time. here is how to make a refreshing Chapman drink at home.
Ingredients for making refreshing Chapman drink at home
- Angostura aromatic bitters (or any brand of bitters you have available)
- Cucumber Slices
- Lime or Lemon
Process for making refreshing Chapman drink at home
Before Preparing the Chapman drink, ensure that your cucumbers, lime, or lemon are sliced thinly.
- Place the thinly sliced cucumbers in a cup or jug, depending on how much quantity you would like to make.
- Next, add in your thinly cut, lemon or lime slices to the cucumbers.
- Pour in 3 cups of sprite or add the sprite-based on your desired measurements.
- Also add 3 cups of Fanta to the sprite, cucumber, and lemon slices.
- 1/2 cup of Grenadine syrup goes in next.
- Finally, add one tablespoon of aromatic bitters.
- You can choose to add some ice cubes or just refrigerate.
Your very own tasty and refreshing Chapman drink is ready to be consumed. It goes well with any meal of your choice and is great for the hot weather.
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.