How to make chocolate crepe cake at home
In this post, we share a simple recipe on how to make chocolate crepe cake at home. This is a very easy and tasty dessert that anyone would love.
Crepe cake is one of the easiest cake recipes to have ever been invented. The beautiful thing about Crepe cake is that one can modify the recipe however they like to suit their taste and preference.
If you are not really a big fan of chocolate, you can decide to switch things up by making whatever type of ganache you’d like.
For the healthy folks out there, you can include fruits in your crepe cake to give it that natural healthy flavor. The flour can equally be replaced with oat flour for a healthier crepe cake.
Ingredients for how to make chocolate crepe cake at home
- 6 tablespoons (100 grams) butter
- 3 cups (675 milliliters) milk
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups (210 grams) flour
- ⅔ cup (80 grams) cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoons (105 grams) sugar
- 4 cups (1 liter) whipped cream
- 1 cup (225 milliliters) heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (200 grams) sugar
- 6 ounces (170 grams) chocolate
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) butter
- ¼ cup (40 grams) powdered sugar, optional for topping
1. Make the crepes by warming melting the butter and allowing it to brown slightly. Set aside.
2. In the same pot, warm the milk. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix in eggs, then gradually mix in butter and warm milk. Chill.
4. On a nonstick skillet over medium heat, pour ¼ cup of crepe batter and tip the pan to cover the entire bottom surface. Cook until the bottom surface of the crepe begins to brown, then flip. Repeat until all of the crepe batter is used. Cool crepes.
5. Stack crepes on top of each other, with whipped cream between each layer. Once assembled, trim edges for a cleaner look, if desired.
6. For the ganache, bring the heavy cream and sugar to a boil, and pour over chocolate and butter. Let cool, and spread over the crepe cake.
7. Top with sifted powdered sugar (optional).
Your delicious crepe cake is ready to be served!
Please try out this recipe and let us know what you think in the comment section below.