How to Make Chicken Sandwich at Home
Are you searching for a quick and easy snack to make? Then keep reading this article on how to make a chicken sandwich at home.
The chicken sandwich is a great snack that both adults, teenagers, and children enjoy. The preparation process is easy and it is great for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner.
As a parent, you can make this for your kids. As a worker, you can make this for yourself and enjoy during your lunch break.
The beauty of this recipe is that if you prefer another source of protein rather than chicken, you can always switch things up to your taste or preference.
Without wasting any more time, here’s how to make chicken sandwich at home.
- 500-gm chicken breast
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste or diced garlic and ginger.
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ cup green bell pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- ½ tsp garam masala (optional)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
Instructions on how to make chicken sandwich at home
Below are the instructions on how to make the sandwich but feel free to adjust the process to your liking.
- Get a clean pot and add chicken breast.
- Add in your salt to taste, garlic & ginger paste, pepper, water and bay leaf.
- Cover with lid and leave the chicken breast to cook for 12-15 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Once the chicken is ready, remove it from the heat and shred the chicken in a bowl.
- Drizzle some cooking oil in a pan, add garlic cloves, sliced red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, the shredded chicken, garam masala (optional) ,fresh coriander, pepper, and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Stirr fry the chicken mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the chicken is ready, transfer to a bowl and add ketchup, and mayonnaise.
- Mix well and spread on bread.
- Apply butter on bread and transfer to a pan to grill or toast the sandwich.
Your sandwich is ready to be enjoyed with family, friends or loved ones. Chicken sandwich can be enjoyed with any drink of your choice.
Please try out this recipe and let us know what you think about it in the comment section below.
RELATED POST: HOW TO: MAKE A SIMPLE BEEF BURGER