How to Make Chocolate Pancakes at Home
Here’s another awesome food recipe on how to make chocolate pancakes at home. Check out this simple recipe for all the chocolate lovers out there.
If you have ever tried pancakes before then you will love this. Pancake generally is easy to make and you can switch it up to your taste and preference.
This recipe is very easy and can work as breakfast or a lovely dessert depending on your mood and what you would like.
The measurements in this recipe is for serving about 8 to 9 pancakes, but you can tweak the recipe to serve as many people as you want.
Pancake can be served with ice cream, fruits, whipped cream, or even yogurt. It’s a very tasty and fun meal that people of all ages enjoy.
Check out the ingredients and procedure below.
Ingredients for how to make chocolate pancake at home
If you aren’t a fan of chocolate, you can simply take out the cocoa powder, milk/dark chocolate, and chocolate chip from the list of ingredients.
- 1¼ cups (160g) flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30g) melted butter
- 1 egg, large
- 1/3 cup (60g) chocolate chips for the chocolate ganache:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 90g (3.17 oz) milk/dark chocolate
- Get a large bowl and whisk egg and sugar, whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add in the milk and melted butter, then continue to whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons milk, if the mixture is too thin, add 1-2 tablespoons flour.
- Also, add your chocolate chips into the mixture and stir.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Fry on medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip, and cook an additional minute on the opposite side.
- To prepare the ganache: In a small saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate.
- Let sit 1 minute and stir until smooth.
- Pour the ganache on top of the pancakes.
Serve with any topping of your choice and enjoy.
RELATED POST: HOW TO: MAKE A SIMPLE MUG CAKE