How to Make Chicken and Sausage Shawarma
In this post, we explore another lovely recipe on how to make chicken and sausage shawarma at home. This is a simple recipe anyone can try.
If you are a huge shawarma fan then you will love this recipe. You can tweak the recipe anyhow you like to suit your taste and preference.
Measurements for the recipe is based on how many people you intend to feed so ensure you eyeball your ingredients to be certain it’s enough.
- Chicken breast
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Suya spice (optional)
- Ginger powder
- Seasoning cubes
- Sweet chili (optional)
- Lemon juice
- Cooking oil
- Unleavened/ flatbread
- Get a clean bowl and place your washed chicken breasts in it.
- Mix all your spices in a smaller bowl (Black pepper, Salt to taste, Smoked paprika, Garlic powder, Suya spice(optional), Ginger powder, and Seasoning cubes).
- Pour the mixed spices on the chicken breast and use your hands to rub the spices all over the chicken breasts until they’re fully coated.
- Cover the bowl with cling film or any cover you have available and leave the chicken to marinate in the spices for about 1 hour.
- Grate your carrots in a separate bowl.
- Slice your cabbage, onions, cucumber as well.
- In a separate small bowl add 2 tablespoons of ketchup, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of sweet chili, and a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix together with a spoon.
- In a frying pan, heat up some oil and fry your marinated chicken breast in medium heat until both sides are properly cooked. Or you can choose to bake the chicken.
- After the chicken is fried or baked, shred the chicken on a separate plate.
- Fry your sausages in the same pan for 6-8 minutes and ensure all sides are properly cooked.
- Mix your sliced and shredded carrots, cabbage, cucumber, and onions in a bowl. Pour in the ketchup and mayonnaise mixture and mix well until well incorporated.
- To assemble the shawarma, open up the unleavened or flatbread and spread some of the ketchup and mayonnaise mix.
- Add your shredded chicken, mixed vegetables, and sausage. Wrap it up and toast in the frying pan on medium heat to seal the edges.
- There you have it! your shawarma is ready.
RELATED POST: HOW TO: MAKE NO OVEN PIZZA