How to make delicious fruit parfait at home
As a continuation of our most recent post on how to make yogurt, read this article on how to make delicious fruit parfait at home with the yogurt.
If you’ve never tried yogurt parfaits with fruits before, you’re certainly in for a treat! These honey-sweetened homemade yogurt parfaits with fruits and granola are just as delicious whether you have them for breakfast or as a healthy dessert.
Yogurt parfaits are best served on the first day when the granola is crunchy. After the second day, the granola will absorb moisture and become soft.
It is advisable to make the yogurt cream 1-2 days in advance and loosen it up with a spoon before filling the glasses.
- Chopped mango
- or any other fruit you like!
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Lime zest.
- 3/4 cups of light cream cheese (optional)
- 4-5 tablespoons of honey
- A cup of already prepared yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- A pinch of salt
- Granola or oats and nuts
Please note that you can substitute the cinnamon and the lime zest with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to get a different flavor.
- Pour your cream cheese into a bowl
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cream cheese
- Grate some lime zest as well
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of honey
- Mix the ingredients with a whisk until it’s smooth and well incorporated
- Pour in a cup of the yogurt you made or use Greek yogurt
- Mix the ingredients well with a whisk
- Do a taste test and adjust the taste as needed by adding more honey.
- Add a pinch of salt
- Place the mix in the fridge and slice all your fruits into small pieces.
- Assemble the fruits, yogurt, granola and honey in a glass cup however you like.
Your delicious yogurt parfait is ready.