How to make DIY natural liquid hand wash at home
If you would like to learn how to make a skin friendly liquid hand wash, then keep reading this article on How to make DIY natural liquid hand wash at home.
This orange & clove DIY natural liquid hand wash is silky smooth and guaranteed to give your hands a gentle wash.
Recipe for how to make DIY natural liquid hand wash at home
This recipe can make up to 250 grams of hand wash.
- 15g Glycerine
- 4g Xanthan Gum
- 113g Water
- 25g Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- 20g PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- 75g Decyl Glucoside
- 3g Orange & Clove Essential Oil Blend
- 10 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
- 2 drops Clove Essential Oil
- 0.5% Citric Acid
- 3g Preservative Eco
Please ensure that you follow the step-by-step process for how to make DIY natural liquid hand wash at home.
- The first step is to measure out your Phase One ingredients: Xanthan Gum and Glycerine, and Phase Two ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.
- Next, prepare the Xanthan gum first by mixing it with the Glycerine. Set the Xanthan mixture aside to allow it hydrate for 20 minutes.
- Mix the phase two ingredients in a heatproof bowl and gently melt over a low heat using the double boiler method.
- Next comes the phase three ingredients. Start by measuring out the Phase Three ingredients: Decyl Glucoside and Essential Oil Blend. Create your fragrance blend by combining essential oils: Orange, Vanilla and Clove.
- Mix the essential oil blend with the Decyl Glucoside. Once it is properly mixed, pour the mixture into the cooled Phase One ingredients.
- To thicken the hand wash, pour the combined hand wash solution into the Xanthan gum mixture whilst whisking. Leave to set for about 30 minutes before continuing with the Cool Down Phase.
- Add the Cool Down ingredients: Essential Oil Blend and Preservative Eco and blend until fully incorporated.
- Ensure that you check the pH at this point, and adjust by adding citric acid. The formula is meant to have a pH value between 5 – 7.
- Store your DIY natural hand wash in a pump bottle and set aside. It takes an additional 24 hours to reach its final consistency and for any bubbles to subside.
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.
RELATED POST: How to make DIY oil body liquid wash at home