How to make simple DIY shaving cream at home
In this post, we share a step-by-step recipe on how to make simple DIY shaving cream at home and save cost by creating your very own safe shaving cream.
If you are in need of a super close, super smooth, longer-lasting shave, then this moisturising shaving cream is fit for the job. It softens the hair, protects the skin and easily allows the smooth gliding of the razor for that one swipe perfection!
With this simple DIY shaving cream, say goodbye to numerous passes, missed patches, and irritated skin.
This shaving cream is suitable for even the most sensitive skin because it contains mild natural ingredients.
This recipe can make up to 200 grams of shaving cream.
- Water Phase
- 152g Water
- 4g Glycerine
- 12g Decyl Glucoside
- Oil Phase
- 12g Jojoba Oil
- 10g BTMS-25 (See below for substitution)
- 10g Stearic Acid (See below for substitution)
- Cool Down
- 2g Preservative Eco
- 2g Essential Oils (Optional)
- The first step is to measure out the Water Phase ingredients: Water, Glycerine and Decyl Glucoside and the Oil Phase ingredients: BTMS, Jojoba Oil and Steric Alcohol
- Gently melt both phases in different heat proof containers over a low heat using the double boiler method.
- Once the oil and water phases have completely melted, mix together and transfer to a flat surface
- To create a light and airy mixture, use an immersion blender or whisk. As the mixture cools and more air is incorporated, it will start to thicken and change to a pale cream colour
- When you are satisfied with the consistency, you can move on to adding the preservative and essential oils
- Make use of a food scale to measure and to add the Cool Down ingredients: preservatives and essential oils of choice
- Briefly, mix either by hand or using a blender just to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Your shaving cream is ready. Store in an air tight pump bottle. This will help to increase its shelf life.
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.