How to make DIY oil body liquid wash at home
In this post we share a simple recipe on how to make DIY oil body liquid wash at home that will leave your skin feeling cleansed and moisturized at the same time.
So what exactly is an oil wash? Oil washes are different from your conventional body washes because they maintain all the benefits, texture and appearance of oil, despite being powerful cleansers.
They are oil-based cleansers that don’t contain any water ingredients. Oil wash is mainly made up of carrier oils with surfactants to produce an a silky, moisturising body wash.
A lot of shower gel body washes, and any many other cleansers are water-based, which means that they’re predominately made up of water or water-soluble ingredients.
This oil body wash is a rich and moisturising oil wash that gently cleanses the without stripping the skin of it’s needed moisture.
Some of the benefits of using oil wash include the following:
- Because they are similar to cream cleansers, the emollients in oil washes prevent cleansing agents from drying out your skin, unlike a traditional body wash that contains a small amount of oils or butters.
- Traditional body washes or shower gels can often be overly cleansing, which can leave the skin feeling dry and irritated.
- The oils present in an oil wash, create a mild and soothing base that conditions and cleanses the skin whilst leaving your moisture barrier in place
If you are someone who regularly experiences dry skin, suffer from conditions like eczema, or you just find traditional cleansers lacking in moisture, then this DIY oil body liquid wash is for you!
Recipe for how to make DIY oil body liquid wash at home
This recipe can make up to 300 grams of oil body wash.
- 75g Soybean Oil
- 24g Grapeseed Oil
- 15g Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 6g Olive Oil
- 6g Essential Oils (Optional, my blend: Sweet Orange, Grapefruit, Lavender, Bergamot and Benzoin Essential Oils)
- 3g Vitamin E Oil
- 171g Lumorol Waterless Surfactant (INCI: Laureth 4, Mipa-Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol)
Please ensure that you follow this process step-by-step for how to make DIY oil body liquid wash at home
- First step is to measure out the Phase one ingredients: Soybean Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, any Essential Oils for fragrance, and Vitamin E Oil.
- Next, in a large container, blend all phase one ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Follow up by measuring out the Phase two ingredient: Lumorol, you can substitute this with any waterless surfactant.
- Gently pour the lumorol into your phase one ingredients and blend until evenly incorporated. Try to avoid stirring too vigorously so that the surfactant doesn’t foam.
- The oil body wash is ready, store it in a pump container.