How To Make Sweet Barbecue Chicken At Home
If you are a huge chicken fan then you will love this recipe on how to make sweet barbecue chicken at home. Follow our simple recipe to get great results.
Our sweet barbecue chicken recipe will produce chicken that will be so juicy, soft, aromatic, warm, and full of flavors. Be rest assured you will have one of the best bbq chicken wings coated in a blend of spices, then fried to a noisy crisp, and then coated in the best honey bbq sauce.
You can serve this on any occasion with any other side dishes such as burgers, fries, rice, pasta, sandwich, coleslaw, etc.
Ingredients for how to make sweet barbecue chicken at home
- ½ Kg Chicken Wings
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper (Crushed)
- 1 Tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
Flour mix ingredients
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ Tsp Mixed Herbs (optional)
BBQ sauce Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 100g of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar/cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- Oil For Frying
- Get a big bowl and add in your chicken wings, salt to taste, red chili powder, black pepper, and grated garlic and ginger.
- Mix the ingredients well with a spatula or your hands until the chicken is fully coated. Set aside.
- Get another bowl and pour in your all-purpose flour, corn starch, salt, black pepper, paprika, red chili powder, and mixed herbs (optional).
- Mix the dry ingredients with a whisk or fork.
- Add your chicken into the flour mixture and mix well to ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Heat up some oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Add the coated chicken one after the other and be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Deep fry for 10-15mins or until it’s golden brown.
- Take out the fried chicken and set it aside.
- Mix – brown sugar, ketchup, apple vinegar/cider vinegar, honey, garlic powder, paprika powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour the barbecue sauce into a heated pan, add some honey and chili sauce, and stir.
- Mix the sauce while cooking for 3-5minutes.
- Add the fried chicken into the sauce and mix until every chicken part is covered in the sauce.
Your barbecue chicken is ready to eat!
RELATED POST: How To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken At Home