How to write a good resume:
Want to hire a professional to write your resume? Do you think it will get you better jobs if it looks “better” or more “professional”? Stop right there! Resumes need to be written in an easy-to-skim format, they should only include skills and work relevant to the job and should have up-to-date contact information. These are things you can do yourself! These professional writers will create resumes you love but these resumes will have the same effect as the last one.
Now, what can you do to catch the eye of the recruiter?
1. Tailor your resume to the job you are applying for. Resumes are not one size fits all. They need to be specific, the skills listed must be relevant to the job role and the work history has to be relevant. Yes, that means throwing out the 8 years of janitorial work when applying for the job of a customer service representative. There is no use in adding irrelevant work experience in your resume!
2. A good resume should be easy to skim through, a recruiter should be able to see skills and experience with a five-second scan of your resume. That five-second scan should be enough to let the recruiter know if they would like to take you on-board or not.
3. Not longer than one page. This is the one-time quantity is not better than quality. Less is more when it comes to resume writing. Absolutely NOBODY wants to go through a ten-page resume. Mos recruiter would save that under later and never open your resume again.
4. Use keywords relevant to your field. As technology is advancing so are different departments. A lot of job openings receive thousands of applicants and these days HR managers are no longer sorting through them manually. This means that only resumes with relevant keywords would break through the software. You do not need a professional writer you can read the job post requirements and responsibilities and use keywords and phrasing from the post in your resume.
5. Write only skills relevant to the job. Job applying for Data entry clerk, skill expert yodeler. Do not do this!
Hire me to write your CV for you!