How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Belgium
Learn how Nigerians can get a visa to Belgium in this article. We take you through all the necessary information required to procure a visa.
The Kingdom of Belgium is a small, closely populated country located in western Europe. It covers a total area of about 30,528 square kilometers, with an estimated population of about 11 million people. The two primary languages spoken in Belgium are French and Dutch and this is as a result of the country’s location right between Germanic and Latin Europe.
Brussels is the capital of Belgium.
Types of Belgian Visas
- Short-Stay visa
- Long-Stay visa
- Transit visa
These are the necessary documents to submit when applying for a short-stay visa for business purposes.
- A completed and signed Schengen visa application form. The applicant must also attach a recent identity photograph meeting the requested standards. Any person appearing in your travel document must also complete a separate application form. Minor children must submit an application form signed by a parent or guardian.
- An international passport valid for not less than 3 months from the date on which you intend to leave Belgium, or, in the event of multiple journeys, the date on which you intend to leave Belgium for the last time. The international passport must also contain at least 2 blank pages and should have been issued at least 10 years ago.
- The applicant would also have to provide documents clearly stating the purpose of your journey (e.g. an invitation from a business or an authority to participate in talks, lectures, or events of an industrial or commercial nature; documents attesting to the activities of your business, documents confirming employment status within your business, etc.).
- Evidence of hotel reservations or accommodation throughout the duration of the visit.
- Documents to prove that you are financially buoyant enough to cater to your needs throughout the duration of your visit to Belgium.
- Proof of citizenship in your home country such as National ID, Proof of employment, etc.
- Health insurance to cover the duration of the applicant’s stay. The minimum cover is 30,000 EUR.
- If you are applying for a multiple-entry visa, you must in addition establish the need to travel frequently and/or regularly, inter alia because of your job or your family situation, and prove your integrity and reliability, inter alia by the legal use of visas issued previously, by your economic situation and by your desire to leave the territory of the SCHENGEN States before the expiry of the visa you applied for.
- Flight schedules indicating the date of entry and exit from Belgium.
Where To Go
Embassy of Belgium Located in Nigeria
For more information regarding all types of visas, please visit the official website of the Embassy of Belgium in Nigeria.
RELATED NEWS: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Mexico