How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to The Czech Republic
Learn how Nigerians can get a visa to the Czech Republic in this article. We take you through all the necessary information required to procure a visa.
About the Czech Republic
The Czech Republic is a country also identified as Czechia located in Central Europe. The Czech Republic covers a total area of about 78,866 square kilometers with an estimated population of about 10.5 million.
Its capital is Prague, a city famous for its medieval architecture. The Czech Republic is also popular for its medieval castles and has a very long history, dating back to the Celtic and Germanic tribes of its founding to the Protestant Reformation and Communism.
Types of Czech Visa
- Short-stay “Schengen” visa (up to 90 days)
- Long-term visa and Residence Permits (over 90 days)
These are the requirements for a Czech visa if the primary purpose of your visit is business.
- An international passport valid not less than 90 days after the intended arrival to applicant’s home country and a photocopy of the data page.
- The Schengen visa application form completely filled and signed by the applicant. If the applicant is a minor, the legal guardian signs before coming to the Embassy.
- One recent passport photograph glued not stapled to the application form. The passport has to be of good quality and should not be older than 3 months, colored and on white background. Headgear is not allowed.
- Biometric verification, fingerprints.
- Application fee (paid in cash in Naira based on the current exchange rate).
- Evidence of Travel Medical Insurance that covers the whole period of the intended stay.
- For non-Nigerians living in Nigeria, a copy of the Nigerian residence permit is required.
- Other supporting documents are also needed to explain the purpose of the visit, for example, an invitation letter from the company based in the Member State of destination, which has to contain important personal data on the invited person, the purpose of the visit, and duration of stay.
- In case of the applicant is participating in conferences, fairs, seminars, congresses, etc. An invitation from a company or an authorized body to attend the events related to trade, industry, or work has to be provided.
- Proof of registration and entry tickets for events should be provided if available.
- If the applicant owns a business, he or she must provide TCC (Tax Clearance Certificate) and Certificate of Business Incorporation (certificate of registration of a company or business).
- Evidence of commercial activities in Nigeria and recent business contacts, ongoing commercial relationship with the company that invites the person (contracts, bills, commercial correspondence, etc.).
- Other necessary documents that show evidence of trade or work relations.
- Credible proof of sufficient means of sustenance throughout the duration of the intended stay such as:
- Last 3 salary payslips, receipts of payment, or proof of payment.
- Original of recent personal bank account statements over the past 3 months showing closing balance.
- Evidence of consistent income generated by a property.
- Copy of return flight ticket or return flight reservation from the Czech Republic.
- Evidence of hotel reservation or accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay.
Where To Go
Czech Republic Embassy Located in Abuja
Address: Gnassingbe Eyadema Street No. 5, Asokoro, Abuja.
Email Address: [email protected]
Official Website: www.mzv.cz/Abuja
Working hours of the Visa Section: Monday and Tuesday, 09:00 – 12:00 (only those who booked an appointment will be accepted to submit the visa application).
For more details regarding all types of visas, please visit the official website of the Embassy of The Czech Republic in Nigeria.
RELATED POST: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Thailand