How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Dubai (UAE)
In this post, we show you how Nigerians can get a visa to Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). We take you through the processes involved in acquiring a visa to the UAE.
About the United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is sometimes called the Emirates or the UAE. It is a country that resides at the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf, surrounding Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south. The UAE also shares the same maritime borders with Qatar to the west and Iran to the north.
It is a federation of 7emirates, and the Capital is Abu Dhabi. The currency used is the UAE Dirham, and Arabic is the official language.
UAE is subtropical-arid; there are hot summers and warm winters. July and August are the hottest months. Dubai has the ultramodern Burj Khalifa tower, enormous shopping centers, and extravagant entertainment attractions.
Types of Visa to the United Arab Emirates
There are several kinds of visas that travelers who wish to visit Dubai can have. The visa depends majorly on the reason for traveling.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Study Visa
UAE EMBASSY ADDRESS, ABUJA, NIGERIA
No 2, Columbia Close Office Colorado Street, Minister’s Hill, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel: (+234) 9 875 0270
Email address: [email protected]
For Nigerians who desire to travel to the UAE for business purposes, below is a list of required visa application documents.
- One must provide a visa application form that is filled and signed.
- The applicant must provide recent passport-sized photographs which capture the whole face with a bright background.
- You have to provide your international passport. The passport should have a validity exceeding the expected return date in addition to two empty pages.
- It is necessary to provide a copy of your passport data sheet (The page that shows one’s photo).
- Copies of your past visas (if available).
- A cover letter that briefly explains why your visit to the UAE and itinerary must be provided for assessment.
- Flight schedule with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the UAE.
- The applicant must provide health insurance; Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
- Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy. Applicant must provide Foreign Exchange or Credit Card fraud.
- Hotel reservation or accommodation for the duration of the intended stay in the UAE is essential.
- A Proof of your civil status must be provided: birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse if necessary.
- Evidence of legal stay is needed if the application is not presented in its country of origin.
- Proof of sustainable financial means for the period of stay in the UAE.
- If you would be getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the UAE, the embassy will request their bank statement.
- Please you are to provide a copy of the sponsor’s bank statement. Please note that your host’s invitation letter must specify the kind of support they will be giving, like; money, accommodations, etc.
- If a company invited the applicant, The company would provide an original business letter. The inviting company must sign the note on the company’s note-headed paper. It must give information about the reason for traveling and explain the type and needed validity of the visa.
- There should be proof of previous trade relations between the two companies if any is available.
- Employed individuals are to provide their certificate of employment.
- Retired applicants must submit proof of their retirement fund.
- If you are employed, you will need a certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel.
- Self-employed applicants must make available their trade register excerpt or anything like that.
- The embassy will need your bank statement for the last three months.
- You are to provide proof of group travel if the traveling is for a group of people.
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fees
According to each case, the good embassy may ask for additional documentation.
For further information and all kinds of visas, please contact or visit the United Arab Emirates embassy in Nigeria.