How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Panama
In this post, we learn how Nigerians can get a visa to Panama. We cover all the necessary information needed to procure a visa.
Panama is a country on the bridge linking Central and South America. The Panama Canal is a famous feat of human engineering; it cuts through its middle, connecting the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to generate a vital shipping path. The capital of Panama is Panama City and is set apart by modern skyscrapers, nightclubs, and casinos. These contrast with colonial buildings in the Casco Viejo district and the rainforest of Natural Metropolitan Park.
Costa Rica borders it to the west, Colombia (in South America) to the southeast, the Caribbean Ocean to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the south. The primary attribute of Panama’s geography is the central backbone of mountains and hills that create the continental division.
Panama’s wildlife holds the most variation of all the countries located in Central America. Spanish is the official language spoken, and the currencies in use are the United States Dollar and the Panamanian balboa.
Types of Visa to Panama
Several visa types can be granted to travelers who wish to get into Panama, which depends on travel.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Transit Visa
- Student Visa
- Work Visa
Here are the necessary documents needed to apply for a USA business visa, which can in turn help Nigerians to get a visa to Panama.
- A barcoded confirmation page is gotten from the DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application form. It can be obtained only after applicants answer all questions completely and digitally sign and submit the DS-160 form over the Internet.
- Two passports (5cm x 5cm) photographs full face forward against a white background taken within the last six months.
- Appointment confirmation letter from CGI website
- International passport with a validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passport data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any).
- A cover letter stating the purpose of the visit to the USA and itinerary.
- Flight schedule with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the USA.
- Evidence of health insurance covering foreign travel.
- Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay in Panama.
- Proof of your civil status (birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, and death certificate of spouse if necessary).
- Proof of legitimate stay (if the application is not presented in the applicant’s home country).
Evidence of enough financial means for the duration of the visit.
- . If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.).
- An original business letter, signed by the inviting company on the organization’s letter headed paper. The letter must provide information about the reason for traveling, specifying the type of Visa and the needed sustainability of the Visa.
- Evidence of past trade relations between the two companies, if such document is available.
- Certificate of employment if the candidate is employed because it is necessary
- Please submit evidence of your retirement fund if you are retired.
- A certificate from your employer granting your business permission to travel if you are employed.
- Trade register extract or something like that (for self-employed).
- Bank statement for the past six months to prove the client has a steady flow of income.
- Proof of group travel (if you are traveling in a group).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fees because Visa is not free
According to each case, the competent embassy may request additional documentation.
Where to Go
There seems to be no Panamanian embassy in Nigeria. Still, Panama has treaties with several countries (Austria, Australia, Bahamas, Mexico, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States, etc.). A valid visa gotten from one of such countries would grant you access to Panama. You can get a USA visa, and it will be accepted.
United States of America Embassy in Abuja
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Email: [email protected]
United States of America Consulate in Lagos
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Tel: +234-1460-3400, +234-1460-3600
Fax: +234-1261-2218, +234-1261-9856
Email: [email protected]
For further details and all types of visas, please call or visit the U.S embassy in Nigeria.
Also Read: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Kosovo