How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Taiwan
Learn how Nigerians can get a visa to Taiwan in this article. We explore all the necessary information needed to procure a visa.
Taiwan is a tiny island nation 180km east of China with modern cities, traditional Chinese temples, hot springs resorts, and dramatic mountainous terrain. Taipei is the capital, and it is situated in the north. The town is popular for its busy night markets. Taiwan is one of the popular “Four Asian Tigers” alongside Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea.
Taiwan is on the Tropic of Cancer, and its prevailing climate is marine tropical. The northern and central regions are subtropical, while the south is low, and the mountainous areas are mild.
The island nation has over 23 million people and is one of the most densely populated places globally. Aside from its crowded cities, Taiwan is also known for its sharp mountains and exuberant forests. The New Taiwan dollar is the currency they use, and the official language is Standard Mandarin.
Types of Visa to Taiwan
Several visa types can be granted to travelers who wish to get into Taiwan, which depends on the purpose of the travel.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Transit Visa
- Work Visa
- Study Visa
Nigerians who intend to travel to Taiwan for business would need the following document on the list below for their Taiwanese visa application.
1. Visa application form filled and signed.
2. Recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed.
3. International passport with a validity that goes beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
4. Copy of the passport data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
5. Copies of your previous visas (if any); will prove that you’ve had past travel experience.
6. A cover letter must be provided which states the reason for the visit and schedules.
7. Flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Taiwan.
8. Evidence of health insurance covering foreign travel.
9. Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay.
10. Proof of your civil status (birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, and death certificate of spouse if necessary).
11. Proof of legitimate stay (if the application is not presented in the applicant’s home country).
12. Evidence of enough financial means for the duration of the visit.
13. If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.).
14. An original business letter, signed by the inviting company on the organization’s letter headed paper. The letter must provide information about the reason for traveling, specifying the type of
Visa and the needed sustainability of the Visa.
15. Evidence of past trade relations between the two companies, if such document is available.
16. Certificate of employment if the candidate is employed because it is necessary.
17. Please submit evidence of your retirement fund if you are retired.
18. A certificate from your employer granting your business permission to travel if you are employed.
19. Trade register extract or something like that (for self-employed).
20. Bank statement for the past three months to prove the client has a steady flow of income.
21. Proof of group travel (if you are traveling in a group).
22. Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
23. Visa fees because Visa is not free
According to each case, the competent embassy may request additional documents.
Where to Go
Taiwanese Representative Office in Abuja, Nigeria
Address: 31, Katsina-Ala Crescent, Maitama, P. M. B. 5111, Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: (+234) 803 316 0006, (+234) 706 418 3200
Fax: (+234) (9) 4138326
Email: [email protected]
Please contact or visit the Taiwanese embassy in Nigeria for further information and all types of visas.
Related Post: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Swaziland