How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Uruguay
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Uruguay. We cover some info on Uruguay, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
Before delving into the details of how Nigerians can get a visa to Uruguay, it is important to understand a few things about the country.
Uruguay happens to be a small country located in South America. It is officially known as the Oriental Republic of Uruguay. The country has a population of about 42 million and it covers a total area of about 176,000 square kilometers.
Montevideo is the official capital of Uruguay.
Types of Visas
There are different types of visas granted to individuals who intend to travel to Uruguay. Getting the visa is purely based on the reason for travelling.
Below are the two major types of visas:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
It is crucial to have all the necessary documents before proceeding to apply for a visa to Uruguay.
Below are the requirements for a business visa to Uruguay:
- International passport valid for at least 3 months beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed.
- Visa application form filled and signed, or in case of minors it should be signed by the relevant legal guardian.
- References in Uruguay, their information must include the name, address, and phone number of the individual or individuals. If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.).
- Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay in Uruguay.
- Flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Uruguay.
- Postal applications should come along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope;
- A letter or certificate from your employer granting your business permission to travel if you are employed.
Where To Go
Honorary Consulate of Uruguay in Lagos
Address: Saka Jojo Street, Plot 979, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Tel: (01) 261.6430, +234.1.261.6430, +234.1.261.9477
Fax: (01) 261.9477
Email Address: [email protected]
For more information on other and all types of Uruguayan visas, please don’t hesitate to visit the official website of the Uruguayan Consulate in Nigeria.
Related Post: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Egypt